Thursday, November 5, 2009

Prison Break - Run for it!

Bet, I got your attention with that title! :o)
Like I said in an earlier post, Tol talked me into running a 1/2 marathon. It was located out at the actual prison on Pleasant Valley road. We ran with friends, Alec and Kelly Arhets.

Ready, ready, ready, ready to ru-u-u-u-n! :o)
Tol finished way before me (about 30 minutes) so I wasn't able to get photos of his finish. But, he was there cheering me on at the end. I saved just enough energy at the end to sprint it out. I was spent going through that finish line. Exactly how I wanted to feel, like I gave it all I had.
Alec and Tol were good partners. They pushed each other to do their own personal best. They rocked it!
Kelly and I had such a great time training together. I am so glad we did it together. We helped each other keep going and get out of bed those days we would rather not.

The weather was windy and cold. I was cold before the race. During the race I felt great. After the race we were all freezing. We grabbed our free breakfast and headed home.
RESULTS:
Tol: 1:41
Alec: 1:44
Nikki: 2:11
Kelly: 2:15

No comments: