Thursday, November 12, 2009

2 Days Out of School!

The boys had 2 days off school last week for parent/teacher conferences. This also meant I had 2 extra girls and my niece and nephew home, too. Seven kids in my house = planned activities if I want to keep my sanity. :o)

Thursday morning we had a Kiddie Boot Camp. I found some good tunes and made up a routine the kids would have fun with and use some of that abundance of energy they carry all the time!

It wouldn't be a boot camp without push-ups
Drop and give me 20

Here they had to do lunges down the driveway and sprint back

Way to go Kiddie Boot Campers! You rocked!

Friday was our Pajama-jama-jam!!!! We stayed in our pjs all day! I put the girls' hair (those that was long enough) in rag curls early in the morning while we watched cartoons. We ate Froot Loops for breakfast (A real treat in our house), built with K'nex, did yoga, made pizzas, watched a movie, read favorite bedtime books, and ate favorite bedtime snacks!

Back Rub Train


Lexie after we took the rags out of her hair. She is so cute!

Yoga time!

Taylor's favorite pose, the Bridge.

This was hilarious! Brayden's favorite pose is the handstand. He got some air on this pose and landed right on his behind.

Parker's favorite pose, ?????? He made this one up. :o)

My favorite pose, Relaxation pose. Let's stay in this one for awhile. :o)

Pizza time!

Everyone brought their favorite blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals and made their very own space on the floor for the movie, "Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure"(Girls won the pick for the movie).

At the end of the day the house was a mess! But luckily I had 7 great helpers. Everyone pitched in and we got it cleaned up in no time. Taylor even got the vacuum out and vacuumed the house. We had a great 2 days off together!


I don't have a picture for this, but, had to tell the story of our dinner later that night. After our 4 extra visitors left we got dressed and told the kids we were taking them out to dinner. Tol won a gift certificate at the BSU dinner auction about 6 months ago. We had to use it by the 9th of November so we thought it would be fun to take the whole family out. The gift certificate was for a place out in Marsing. The boys were excited. Taylor put on his polo shirt and khakis just in case it was a fancy restaurant. We hopped in the car and away we went.
We get almost to Nampa and Parker says, "I have to go potty!" You know how kids are, they wait until the last minute to tell you they have to go. We couldn't just stop on the freeway, so we told him, "Hold it! We'll stop as soon as we can!" After a few minutes we got off the freeway and pulled into a Subway. Parker said, "I'm OK." Well, we believed him and went on to Marsing. As we drove to Marsing we went past the Sugar Beet Factory and it really stunk that night. It stunk all the way to Marsing! When we got to the "restaurant" Parker got out of the car and whispered to me, "I peed and pooped my pants." I looked down and saw the evidence. I don't think it was the Sugar Beet Factory that stunk so bad that night.
We walked in the restaurant that was actually a bar that also served food. We walked in and they assured us we could eat here with the kids. Taylor whispered to me, "Guess it's not a fancy restaurant." We had a good laugh and the food wasn't too bad. The portions were pretty big. They didn't have a kids' menu, but, that didn't matter. Brayden ate all of his huge cheeseburger and curly fries and helped Parker with his! It was a fun family adventure.
FYI: Tol took Parker into the bathroom and took care of his accident, throwing his underwear away. It's nice having all boys in times like these. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute, looks like the kids had a blast!

williamsfam5 said...

You are the best, most fun mom ever! I wish I could have come to your boot camp! I miss you so much.

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh, you are SO good at all that fun stuff!!! I admire you!