Saturday, November 3, 2007

"Zeitgeist Half Marathon"

Nathan Williams, Alec Arhets, and I ran in the "Zeitgeist" half-marathon today. The race started at the optimist football fields on Hill Road, climbed up the hill past Seamans Gulch and through Hidden Springs, down cartwright road back to Hill Road and the finish line (same as the start). We had plenty of concerns coming into the race (will we be able to run the whole thing, will our ailments prevail over us, and will the numerous hills do us in?). We were able to finish under 2 hours, never needing to walk, and Nathan and I ran together for the entire race. My knee began to hurt after mile 1, but not terribly...by mile 11 my leg numbed past pain so I could finish the last two miles.

Results below...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Tol, I am impressed! Way to go - there wasn't even a noticeable limp today! Chip sure admires you and values your friendship.

Julie Gropp said...

Congrats! One of these days Kyle and I would love to do a marathon, but we aren't even close yet. 10K is about as far as I can go. Thats great!

jmholloway said...

Impressive, Tol. I would like to do a marathon someday. That has been on my goal list for several years. It seems everytime I start working on it, I have another kid. Great Job!

Mindi :)