Monday, July 19, 2010

Pine Flatts Camping Trip with the McCarrolls

Love spending time with my family, especially with no cell service! Camping is so much fun... once you're there and all set up, that is.

Two peas in a Pod. These two love getting together. They're buds is what they tell us.

Parker attempting to give me a back rub to make me feel better after scaring me half to death! While Tol and I were setting up camp my mom and dad walked down to the Hot Springs. We thought Parker went with them. When they returned 15 minutes later Parker was not with them. My heart jumped out of my chest. Where do you start looking in the woods?! Everyone headed a different direction as Parker came walking into camp. I was so relieved, but it took awhile for me to calm down. He had tried to follow Grandma and Grandpa, but took a wrong turn and ended up by the river! I am so glad he was smart enough to turn back around and find his way back to camp.

Tol and Taylor chillin'

Craig brought up a small motorcycle (it's actually Levi's when he grows into it) to give the kids rides. Being the patient, awesome uncle he is, Craig taught Brayden how to drive and Brayden gave Uncle Craig a ride.

Love hanging out with my sister-in-law, Brandie

"Girls just want to have fun!" Brynlee and Lexie using Bart and Brandie's air mattress as a trampoline...they had a blast! Makes me want to be a kid again.


Bart and Craig became expert MRE preparers while in Iraq. So, they gave us a lesson and treated us all to MREs for dinner.

MREs have a main dish that is printed on the package. The rest is a surprise. Craig holding up a prized possesion...Skittles! The kids were super excited about this!

What are Taylor and Brayden going to get in theirs?

Brandie on the search for Peanut M&Ms. :o)

Papa Mac and his best friend, Diesel, waiting for dinner to be served

Isn't Idaho a beautiful place to live! We feel so lucky to have all of this so close by.

On their way to the Hot Springs; Brayden, Parker, Taylor, and Levi

A true gentleman...Parker helping his mom get down the rough terrain to the Hot Springs

Brayden loves to challenge himself. Here he is laying in the ice cold river for 5 minutes...Burr!

Love this picture of Tol and Levi...what a good uncle. Levi stepped in the river and hot springs with his hiking shoes. So Tol carried him all the way back to camp on his shoulders.

No camping trip would be complete without roasting marshmallows and our new favorite, Starbursts! Yummmmmmm!

Craig and his kids, Lexie and Levi. Looks like Lexie might have a little buzz from the Sprite! :o)

Eggs...anyone?

Brayden got the fire going in the morning. 1st time by himself! Way to go, Brady Bunch!

Tol taught the boys how to pack 2 car loads of camping gear into one car as Bart, Brandie and I watched...we were speechless.

"Yeah, I'm cool like that"

To end our trip we all went on a short hike down to the river...Parker led the way.

Great Weekend!!!

1 comment:

williamsfam5 said...

After reading through your blog, I can't tell you how much I miss you! I hate that we don't see each other any more! THAT'S IT! I'm calling you tomorrow and making plans. :)