Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last 8 Months...finally updated!


SEPTEMBER:
I started watching my niece and nephew, Lexie and Levi. Lexie is 2 years old and Levi is 4 years old. Parker loves having them around. I watch them 4 days a week and sometimes overnight. I love having the opportunity to spend so much time with them. Parker and Levi love to wrestle, box, play super heroes, and make a little mischief. They are 2 peas in a pod. Lexie loves to get her hair done, nails done, take care of her baby doll and talk to "Nikkis"(this is what she calls me, it is so darn cute!) all day. They all love to do yoga with me. They even make up some of their own poses, as you can see down below. Kids are the greatest little creatures on earth...man, I love them!




Brayden played soccer for the first time. He loves it! Tricia Midgely was his coach. She did a great job. Brayden had so much fun. He is in the recreation league which does not keep score. But, Brayden, along with all the other boys keep track in their head. It's so great to see him play, work hard, and have fun doing it. He even got a goal at the 2nd to last game. Way to go , Brayden!


My friend, Kelly, and I started training for a 1/2 marathon at the end of August. This is how it all went down; Tol came home from a run one Saturday and said, "Hey, I saw Kelly and Alec on my run. I told Kelly you would run the Prison Break 1/2 Marathon with her." I laughed and said, "What?" I had never ran more than 4 miles before in my life, how was I going to run 13.1 miles in a month and a half? Honestly, though, in the back of my mind I was excited for the challenge and had kind of wanted to set a high goal like this for myself and accomplish it. So, I was happy Tol gave me a little push. For part of our training we ran in the St. Luke's Womens Fitness Celebration. It is a 5K race with thousands of women. We had fun and Alec (Kelly's husband), Tol, and my boys were at the finish line cheering us on.



1 comment:

Nampa Gropp Gang said...

you studly woman you!!! You are my hero!! when I grow up I want to be like you!!!
love all the new posts!!! fun at the gropp home!!!
love you guys!!