Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Last 8 Months!!..... Continued :o)

AUGUST:
August, too, was a busy month. We needed to cram all that we had left on our list of summer fun! It started out with me going to Young Women's Girls Camp. It was everything I thought it would be and more! I loved it! I had never gone to Girls Camp before (not even when I was a young women myself). I really missed out! I am glad I have the opportunity now. I had the best time getting to know the awesome women I get to work with and the funny, energetic, sweet, and wonderful girls! I love my girls!


Next, and I mean next, the very next day I got back from Girls Camp, Tol competed in the Emmet Sprint Triathlon. He disciplined himself for 4 weeks prior to the race in his workout regimen and nutrition. It payed off! He got 1st place in his age group. We were so proud of him! His friends; Paul, Nathan, and Alec also participated. Alec got 2nd in his age group and Nathan got 3rd. It was sweet to see all three of them on the stand. You the man, Tol!


On to our hike along the Oregon Trail. I got tired of hearing, "I'm bored. Can I watch TV? Can I play the Wii? Can I play the DS?" So, I took the boys along with the two girls I babysit, Nicole and Julia, and the dog, Zoey, on a hike near our house. We packed up a lunch and Taylor (since he had been before) guided us down the Oregon Trail. It was a lot of fun and we felt pretty tired when we got home.


We had to have one last family BBQ. So, we joined up with my family and enjoyed hamburgers, hotdogs, and all the other goodies that come with a BBQ at my mom's house. It's so nice to have family close by, I love it!


Tol's dad surprised Tol with an airplane ride in his 2-seater airplane. They flew to Warm Springs and Elk Creek. Tol had a smile on his face the whole time flying with his dad. It was a special time for him to share with his dad. Les loves flying and really loves sharing it with those he loves. Who knows maybe I'll get a chance (I say that with a little hesitation in my voice, it scares the begeebees out of me). It would be a chance of a lifetime. We'll see. :o)



Tol had to take the boys on an all boys camp-out before the summer ended. His main goal was to find a spot where they could get in a hot springs. So, Bonneville was the destination. The boys had a great time spending quality time with Dad. I had a nice time having a little alone time. But, I did lock myself out of my house when I went running in the morning. I had to run down to Lisa's to get her to check all her extra keys. Then, Hannah had to run me to my Mom's to get her extra key. 2 hours later I was finally in my house. At least I didn't have to break any windows. :o)


At the end of August the boys and I, along with Nicole, took Papa (my dad) hiking up to the top of Table Rock. He loved it and was very impressed that Parker did it all by himself. I was, too! It was a hot hike, but really fun! The Boise Zoo was also on our list of things to do in the summer. We hadn't been for awhile and, wow, how it changed. We got to see lions, giraffes, and the bear was actually out this time. The kids loved getting in the Safari jeep and pretending to be explorers. They also liked dressing up in different animal costumes. It was a fun day at the zoo! The fair was a must for this summer. But, because we went
to Silverwood and rode every ride there, we didn't ride the rides at the fair. We went to the petting farm, ate homemade donuts, yummy ice cream cones, french fries, watched Brayden do pull-ups at the Marine booth, and looked at all the exhibits. Brayden wore his Army shirt that he got from Uncle Ted. So, the Marines informed him that it stood for Aren't Real Men Yet. Parker was really funny at the petting farm. He hugged all the animals and talked to them like they were his buddies. "Hey guys, here you go." He would then stretch out his shirt and let the goats nibble on it.



Mt. Borah was something Tol really wanted to do with his friends this summer. Tol, Nathan, Paul, and Alec left on a Friday night. They slept in the cab of Nathan's truck, the back of Nathan's truck, and the ground outside Nathan's truck. They didn't have the best night's sleep. But they were excited and ready to climb the massive mountain early Saturday morning. The climb was difficult as they "panted" all the way up. They ran into a number of people heading down, who hit chicken out ridge and chickened out. The boys were determined to make it all the way. They made the top in just over 5 1/2 Hours. At the top, they could see forever in all directions. It was gorgeous! Tol found himself literally running down the mountain in about 1 hour 45 minutes! It was a big calorie burn. So, they rewarded themselves with a steak dinner on their way home. CHECK!


Last, but not least...The First Day of School
August 31 sent Taylor and Brayden back to school. Taylor is now a 5th grader in Mr. Dinter's class, while Brayden enters 3rd grade with Ms. Hoover. They were both so excited for that first day of school. Everything is so new and fresh and exciting. Mom was excited too!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOu guys have been busy :). Nice to see you back here in the blogging world.