Monday, December 10, 2007

11th Wedding Anniversary

THE PLAN:

Tol and I switch off years on planning how we will spend our Anniversary.
This year it was my turn.
So here was the plan to show Tol how much I appreciate and love him.
I found out the night we would be celebrating our anniversary was the same night BSU would be playing Hawaii. So I made reservations for The Anniversary Inn. I found the perfect room...The Sports Central Room. It looked like a dream room for an athletic director or any sports fan...A 60" TV surrounded with seven 27" TVs, fooseball, recliners, a putting green, unlimited popcorn, soda, chips, and peanuts! It would be a perfect surprise! Tol would have no clue he would get to watch football on his anniversary with his most favorite person in the world.:) I was so excited I could hardly wait!
2 Weeks Later:
It is finally here! I love surprises! I dropped the kids off at Gammy and Pappy's and went down to check in to the Anniversary Inn. It took me about 40 minutes to figure out the 8 TVs! But I got it! I wanted the pre-game to be on when Tol walked into the room. I rushed home and picked up my hot date. Blind-folded he followed me to the car and we were on our way!

TOL'S REACTION:
I was picked up by my wife thinking we were going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant (she had told me to wear a shirt and tie). As you can see, she blindfolded me! We drove off for our destination. She stopped to pick up some food and a few minutes later she asked me to take off the blindfold...SURPRISE!!! We had parked at the Anniversary Inn! Wow, what a nice surprise. I still did not know her full plan.
ANNIVERSARY INN:
As we walked in, she led me down the hall to room #22 (our anniversary was on November 22nd). She opened the door to a foosball table, 8 TV's, a putting green, and SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS! She then explained that we were watching the Hawaii - BSU football game! Wow, never had I expected to be doing this! I was amazed at my beautiful wife and her extreme love.
She had brought Pizza from Papa Joe's (oh soooo good). AND she had made me a blueberry cream pie for dessert, my favorite! We had such a good time cheering on the Broncos and spending the evening together.

THE EVENING:

During the game, we looked out the window to see an entire family of raccoons and a fox. Our own little view of nature in the middle of town! After the game (The Broncos Lost), we stayed up until 3:00 am playing games, watching movies, and celebrating 11 years of happy marriage.
THE NEXT DAY:
We slept in the next morning and enjoyed the room as long as we could. Breakfast was served in the room. Last year we went to Ceramica and painted a fruit bowl together. We had so much fun we wanted to make it a tradition. We spent the afternoon at "Artist for a Day" working on our family cup.

5 comments:

Julie Gropp said...

What a great idea! Happy Anniversary and I'm glad you two had a great time!

jmholloway said...

Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun. Happy Anniversary!

Mindi :)

Steph said...

Wow Nikki. Great planning! I think we managed to say 'Happy Anniversary' to each other, but nothing like that! :)

Tracy said...

Sounds like a perfect date - way to go Nikki - what a good wifey! :)

jmholloway said...

Nikki, I am tagging you. Check out my blog and do some copying and pasteing. I miss your posts.

Mindi :)