Wednesday, June 23, 2010

February 2010


I turned 33 in February. I was pleasantly awakened by Parker with a bouquet of pink Gerber daisies and breakfast in bed for the two of us. The day continued with a serenade at Taylor and Brayden's piano recital by Taylor. He surprised me with the "Happy Birthday" song at the end of his recital piece. Friends stop by and friends called to wish me a happy birthday. Then, the surprises kept coming, Brayden took me to a movie, "The Spy Next Door",which he paid for. After the movie we were met by Tol, Taylor, and Parker. Brayden hopped in the car and Taylor jumped out. It was Taylor's turn! He and I went shopping and Desseret Book and ate dinner at Pollo Rey. We ended the day with cake and ice cream. I was spoiled and I loved every minute of it!

Happy Birthday, Nikki!

Breakfast in Bed. (Sure glad Tol helped Parker out with this :o))


Before going to the movie, Brayden finished his Valentine's box for school...a soccer field.


We love holidays around our house! After such a great birthday (a week before Valentine's day), it was my turn to show my boys (I include Tol as one of my boys :o)) how much I love them. It's a tradition in our house to have a candlelight dinner on Valentine's day prepared by the kids' (and I'm sure Tol's, too) favorite chef, Mom! I make their favorite dish, macaroni and cheese along with some of their other favs. They leave for an hour before dinner to give me time to set up and when they come home this is what they come home to. It is one of my favorite traditions.

Valentine's Day
The Chef


The recipients


The Spread...homemade macaroni and cheese, sushi (California rolls), salad, rolls, shrimp, sparkling apple juice, and for dessert, our traditional Valentine treat...Chocolate Fondue with fruit.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

happinessNikki - I am always so impressed by the time and effort you put into making such fabulous memories for your children. You are an excellent role model! Both you and Tol really "show" your love a lot, and that is wonderful!