Tuesday, December 1, 2009

13 Years and Counting

My how time flies when you are with the love of your life. I can't believe I have been married 13 years already. It has been more than I ever thought it would be. I have the best husband (at least for me) I could dream of. Sometimes I wonder who is looking out for me on the other side to have led me to him. May sound sappy, but I don't care, it's true. We have our ups and downs as do all marriages, but, I would say they are just little bumps in the road here and there. It would be boring if it was smooth sailing. Sometime or another we have our differences. I like to think we compliment each other most of the time. Tol's goal everyday is to make me happy and I him. That is what has made this 13 years go so fast. Time flies when you're having fun and enjoying life to the fullest!
Tol and I celebrated our 13th anniversary on November 22nd. I got the weekend babysitter and he made the plans. We were short on funds this year so no big trip to see Cold Play this year. But we did stay downtown in a hotel all weekend and had a marvelous time.
Friday night we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Love that place! It was yummy! After dinner we went to the hotel where Tol had flowers and a card waiting for me. He is such a romantic...I love it. The next morning we slept in (heaven) and headed down to BoDo. It was the opening weekend for the movie, "New Moon". Tol and I have both read all the Twilight books, so we went to see the much anticipated movie. It was great, much better than the 1st. We then had a light lunch at Tulley's (they have a really good Chicken/Walnut Salad) and walked around the Farmer's Market and different shops around downtown. That evening we went and did a little Christmas shopping and went to Chili's. We hit a late movie, "Blind Side," and got back to the hotel around 1am. It was great having the weekend all to ourselves.

No comments: